The New Zealand Government has announced amendments to gathering numbers at
Alert Level 2.
From 12 noon Friday 29 May, gatherings can be held with up to 100
The new limit applies to gatherings at your home, events outside of home
and public venues – including church services, weddings and, funerals and
When holding a gathering, play it safe — maintain hygiene standards and
meet existing record-keeping requirements for contact tracing.
As a result of the lifting of gathering limits to 100 people, New Zealand
Water Polo has amended the time-line for a return to water polo in New
1. Training, and practice may resume in all community pools and Aquatic
Centres from 12 noon on Friday 29 May 2020.
2. Competitions, including club, age-group and regional leagues may resume
from Friday 19 June.
3. New Zealand Water Polo Flippa Ball competitions may resume from Friday
All Level 2 guidelines and protocols should be followed by all of the water
polo community. These include:
- Follow public health measures when you go shopping or attend gatherings
- Keep track of your whereabouts in case a contact tracer needs to
- Keep records of travel services you use, where you’ve been, and
you’ve been in contact with.
- Make your business COVID-19 safe to protect employees and
- Create safe education environments for children, young people,
students, and staff.
For more information contact: